Old Dominion University
ODU Writes a Book
Individual Contributor License Agreement (“Agreement”)
Thank you for your interest in the ODU Writes a Book project (“OWaB2014”). In order to clarify the intellectual property license granted with Contributions from any person or entity, Old Dominion University (the “University”) must have a Contributor License Agreement (“CLA”) on file that has been signed by each Contributor, indicating agreement to the license terms below. This license is for your protection as a Contributor as well as the protection of the University and its users; it does not change your rights to use your own Contributions for any other purpose. If you have not already done so, please read and confirm acceptance of this policy at the following page: http://goo.gl/rHwbNy. Please read this document carefully before signing and keep a copy for your records.
You accept and agree to the following terms and conditions for Your present and future Contributions submitted to OWaB2014. In return, the University shall not use Your Contributions in a way that is contrary to the public benefit or inconsistent with its nonprofit status and bylaws in effect at the time of the Contribution. Except for the license granted herein to the University, You reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Your Contributions.
1. Definitions. “You” (or “Your”) shall mean the copyright owner or legal entity authorized by the copyright owner that is making this Agreement with the University.
“Contribution” shall mean any original work of authorship, including any modifications or additions to an existing work, that is intentionally submitted by You to the University for inclusion in OWaB2014. For the purposes of this definition, “submitted” means any form of electronic communication sent to the University or its representatives for the purpose of discussing and improving OWaB2014, but excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by You as “Not a Contribution.”
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to the University a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute Your Contributions and such derivative works.
3. You represent that each of Your Contributions is Your original creation (see section 7 for submissions on behalf of others). You represent that Your Contribution submissions include complete details of any third-party license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents and trademarks) of which you are personally aware and which are associated with any part of Your Contributions.
4. Should You wish to submit work that is not Your original creation, You may submit it to the University separately from any Contribution, identifying the complete details of its source and of any license or other restriction (including, but not limited to, related patents, trademarks, and license agreements) of which you are personally aware, and conspicuously marking the work as “Submitted on behalf of a third-party: [named here]”.
5. You agree to notify the University of any facts or circumstances of which you become aware that would make these representations inaccurate in any respect.
6. You understand that the work You submit is Your own. You expressly understand and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the University, its agents, affiliates, officers, and employees from any and all claims of copyright infringement should the work not be Your own and causes of action for damages occur as the result of actions by third parties, with regard to the aforesaid material. Further, You understand that as a student, employee, or faculty member, You are bound by a code of conduct prohibiting improper use or lack of citation of a third party’s work. You understand that this is a University activity and You are bound by all applicable standards of conduct.
ODU Writes a Book by Old Dominion University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
While every attempt has been made to funnel access through this page, it is possible through technology and social media that participants will still be able to bypass this page. By participating in the project, (logging in, writing or editing, or uploading documents) participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.